Beta Sigma Psi is a National Lutheran fraternity that is founded on the ideals set forth by Martin Luther. Throughout our history, we have determined that the successful college man revolves his life around three things: Spiritual Strength, Scholastic Success, and Social Excellence. As an organization of communicant Lutheran men we seek to live our lives rooted in faith in God and Christ Jesus. The distinguished virtues of Beta Sigma Psi are faith, loyalty, service, and brotherhood.
The Omega Chapter of Beta Sigma Psi, or Beta Sig as we are commonly known, has been at Indiana University since 2000. Members of Omega Chapter are active in Bloomington churches, the Greek community, various extracurriculars, as well as the community at large.
1/18/14 - Omega Chapter takes home the Larry R. Edwards Award for Outstanding Chapter Management at the Beta Sigma Psi National Member Education Forum (MEF). It was presented to Austin Rader (Chapter President, 2013-2014) by Larry Edwards (National President, 1967-1972 & 2013-2014) as recognition for the Chapter’s use of effective management practices and achievements.
2/3/14: Spring Fraternity Recruitment has officially begun; See the list of events below, check out our Recruitment page, and fill out a Recruitment Application for more information! Unless otherwise noted, events are located at our house - 310 North Park Avenue, Bloomington, IN 47408.
- Sunday, Feb. 2nd – Super Bowl Viewing Party: 7:30pm
- Monday, Feb. 3rd – Rush Tables: 6:00pm to 9:00pm @ the IMU Solarium
- Tuesday, Feb. 4th - Video Game Tournament : 7:30pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 5th – Bible Study with Theta Phi Alpha: 9:00pm (Tentative)
- Thursday, Feb. 6th - Poker Night: 7:00pm
- Friday, Feb. 7th – Around the World Night: 10:00 pm
- Saturday, Feb. 8th - Social Event with Alpha Sigma Alpha: 10:00pm
- Sunday, Feb. 9th – Basketball Tournament: 12:00pm
- Monday, Feb. 10th – Dinner at the House (Invite Only, Semi-Formal Dress): 7:00pm
- Tuesday, Feb. 11th – Epic Meal Time: 7:00pm
- Wednesday, Feb. 12th – Pacers vs. Mavericks: 7:00pm @ Bankers Life Fieldhouse (Transportation Provided)
- Thursday, Feb. 13th – IU Women’s B-Ball vs. Penn State: 7:00pm